Kawasaki trimmers, blowers, etc

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Sauls1686, Sep 19, 2003.

1. A lot of us use Kawsaki engines on our mowers. Does anybody use Kawasaki trimmers and blowers?

SAULS

2. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

I have a '99 KRB400A blower that I got used last fall. I haven't had to do a thing for it, it starts on the second pull cold and is very reliable. Enough power for what I need to do, and seems alot quieter than other b/p blowers I've tried (Echo and Shindaiwa). I'm very happy with it, only complaint is the Kaw dealer is JUNK but I could find parts elsewhere if needed.

sep04253.jpg

3. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

what is the point of having the throttle control on the left side?

it seems that on the blower tube would be better place.

GEO:confused:

4. Speaking of left. Does ANYBODY make left handed stuff? Like BP blowers and CHAINSAWS? With no thumb on the right hand im defidently LEFT HANDED. Works fine for trimming and blowing with hand helds. But i have no clue how im gonna handle a chainsaw and im not really comfortable with the tube being on the right of a BP blower.

5. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Im thinking seriuosly about some kawasaki hand held equipment, if it is as good as the engines on my John Deere and Toro then it should be some good stuff, im interested in anything anyone has to say about them, what i have found on the internet seemed a lil bit pricey, but lots of times cheapest isnt the way to go, lookin forward to hearing from yall

6. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

Left hand throttle is cheaper if it should break, and I'm told it is less likely to break a wire or cable. Also it is a set it and forget it thing, not spring loaded like a tube mounted one. Mostly personal preference I think, the Kawi models ending in A have left hand throttle and the B models have right hand throttle.

7. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

bushhogbaby--you amaze as usual. I am not questioning "what if (it breaks)". and what is the set it and forget it? is this the ronco chicken cooker principle thing applied to a blower?

my question (rephrased) is what is the point of taking two hands to run a blower when one will do?

and for those that don't understand...the LEFThand can be holding a nice cool sports drink...or simular.

GEO

8. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

yup, sounds like that dumb commercial on about 3 times a week here. You just set it, (audience all-together) AND FORGET IT!

I like the lefty throttle arm better. The fact that its not a "joystick" with a trigger-type throttle control makes me happy too-get sick of holding it with a finger after awhile. Sure they make them latches that lach the throttle button back, but its not full engine RPM. with the seperate arm, you just set to desired throttle position like on pretty much any other 4-cycle engine. THEN you can hold a drink :p

9. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

Like Loren said, automatic cruise control. Less fatigue. Personal preference.

10. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Redmax have left side throttles