1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Kawasaki Troubles

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Fireman D, Jun 2, 2003.

1. Fireman D

Fireman D LawnSite Member

I have a 14hp Kawasaki engine and it is always going through spark plugs like candy. It is not used every single day but at least a couple times a week. I go to crank it and it won't start, the plug is fouled up really bad so I pop in a new one, then it runs just fine. My question is does anyone have any reason or suggestions as to what the problem is or what the problem could be? Any help would be appreciated.:(
  2. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Is it oil fouled or gas fouled?? Also, it really "can't" be running fine if the plug gets fouled. Are you sure it's not running with the choke on a bit. Also, a dirty air filter will make the motor run rich and foul the plug. You should see smoke if you are oil fouling plugs that fast.......
  3. ducky1

ducky1 LawnSite Senior Member

What kind of plugs are you running?? I have found that ngk's last longer than champion or ac"s in a Kawasaki.
  4. MOOSE

MOOSE LawnSite Senior Member

Change your air filter and wrap for filter. Put in a new plug and change oil & filter too.

This should help.. I had same problem and could not figure out what was going on with the motor.

If that doesn't do it then u have a carb problem..
  5. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

might want to try using a slightly hotter burning plug also
  6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Thank GOD For KOHLER!