kawasaki v-twin dual exhaust

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by captken, Feb 16, 2003.

1. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 23kaw on a Hustler Z. I was wondering if anyone has run dual exhaust. Might increase hp a little.

2. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

Sure wish I could do something like that with my 16v twin Vanguard!

3. FLMOWER

FLMOWER LawnSite Member

Isnt this a lawn mower engine.
    Dual exhaust works great on a V8 motor in truck because a stock exhaust is restricting air flow to meet sound and emission requirements. Lawn mowers to my knowlege have no such requirement, and therefore it would not make sense for an engineer to put an exhaust on a mower engine that would limit hp. I would emagine to gain more hp you would need to enlarge intake, valves, and then maybe exhaust. But then why not just get a larger motor. Most mower engines are engineered similar to air plane motors, needing to run for extended times at a constant RPM. I beleive that it best to keep em stock for reliability purposes.

4. captken

Hustler's new Super wb come standard with Kawasaki engines WITH dual exhaust!

5. captken

You can view a dual exhaust setup for Kawasaki by visiting your manufactures forum and clicking on Hustler. great pictures from all angels on an awsome looking walkbehind.

6. captken

pj says there is no kit from Hustler like the one shown with the Super wb. I wonder if Kawasaki sells a kit, and how youd find out?