kawasaki vs echo

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lawn king, Mar 22, 2005.

1. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

We need to retire 2 backpack blowers due to age,etc. Keeping in mind they will only be used to blow off fert. from walks and driveways, is echo or kawasaki the way to go? The old ones are echo lbb 4000's and they have been great machines, bought them 10 years ago, they are all done!

2. Emerscape

Emerscape LawnSite Member

hey lawn king... its pete from the woodlands. If you are interested you should take a look at the new line of backpack blowers from stihl and husquavarna that have recently come out. I was at morgans power equipment in halifax last week nad the reps brought a few demos in. they call them "four stroke" but they still use a gas oil mix i believe. I watched the rep run them, the sound has been greatly reduced to meet the new noise polution laws in california and the price didnt seem too high (300 something). if you get a chance stop by for a beer one of these days

3. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

hey pete, welcome to lawnsite. I will have to check out the husquavarnas, i am impressed with the hsky. chainsaw i purchased last fall! I will try and stop by for a cold one soon as once the season starts i will go 7 days a week for most of april! You better put the plow on, the forcast is depressing! Talk soon, Scott.

4. Emerscape

Emerscape LawnSite Member

ive had very good luck with our husquavarna chainsaws as well as our echo handheld blowers. ive seen a lot of shindawa (sp) mahines out and about but im not sure how many leaves they really have in japan haha. i might wait on the plow... felt like an idiot running around in the sun with it on monday