Kawasaki vs Kholer

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by mowerdude777, Nov 25, 2009.

Which engine

1. Kawasaki

64 vote(s)
  2. Kholer

18 vote(s)
  3. Other

3 vote(s)
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

I may be getting another used exmark next year and would like to have the best engine for my needs on it, I have never ran a kholer only kawasakis, Briggs, Thehcumses, and suzukies no kholers yet. Please share your personal expeirences with these engines
  2. LouisianaLawnboy

LouisianaLawnboy LawnSite Silver Member

Their was just a long thread about this.
    Posted via Mobile Device

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I voted Kawi....almost everything I run is a Kawi and have no problems, with the exception of my truck loader which is a Briggs and like it also.

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

no problems with the kawasaki for me
  5. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Kohler and Kawasaki are both good engines !!
  6. Green Industry Pro

Green Industry Pro LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Tyler Texas

I have a kawasaki fj180v on my snapper walk and ive had briggs and stratton engines on other walks.Ive never used kohler but I think that they are comparable with kawasaki.My briggs/stratton 675 series starts good cold,and hot but when its been sitting for 10-15 minutes or so,it can be hard to start.On the other hand the kawasaki starts good hot and awesome if its been sitting but warm(one pull)but its harder to start cold.Usually it takes longer to start my kawi cold but last week it was 30*s outside and it took me about 20 pulls to start it(i dont think this is characteristic). hope this helps:usflag::usflag:

p.s. kawi has oil filter,pressure lube,dual element air filter,and insane torque.
  7. Green Industry Pro

Green Industry Pro LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Tyler Texas

sorry if that was confusing. my kawi took 20 pulls.
  8. RonAyersMotorsports

RonAyersMotorsports LawnSite Senior Member

Serious errors in spelling.
    Kawasaki for me. Kohlers just don't seem to take the abuse like the Kawi's do.
  9. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

Realistically here.. are there any big manufacturers that have problems with high end engines? no

many brands build equipment with kawa, honduh, briggs & kohler

Ive never understood why the subaru robin is even around, when i see that stuff i surely stay away because of sheer numbers. Theres 1 for every 100 other brands out there.

I have stuff with kawa, kohler, briggs and have no problems either. To say one is really that much better than the other is only probably because you own it.

I stay away from anything honda though. Seen too many old ones blowing smoke on compressors etc with high hours. Not saying other engines would be in a ton better shape, but since they cost more than the other top 3 brands, ill spend my money wisely and put it into one of the top 3
  10. BanksPower

BanksPower LawnSite Member

Kawasaki has never let us down, 5517 hrs on a 17hp. Keep in mind, that, I personally maintained it!