Kawasaki Vs. Kohler

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Youngster, Jul 14, 2000.

1. Youngster

Youngster LawnSite Member
    from Texas

i'm looking at a new Exmark Metro 48&quot; WB. Would you suggest getting a Kawasaki engine or a Kohler? I can either get the new 15hp kaw or the 15 hp kohler. Is one better than the other? Thanks<p>----------<br>Cashin' in on Others Laziness!!!!<br>

2. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

I am not sure,but if the 15hp kohler is a single cylinder,Id defietely go with the Kawi Vtwin 15hp.The twin cyl will have much less vibration and be alot smoother.you cant go wrong with Kawi motors,now I wish I could say the same for my Kohler...<p>----------<br>John D<br>

3. Dale

Dale LawnSite Member

Go with the Kawasaki. We have had three Kohler failures, 14 hp, 16hp, and 20 hp in the last month. All were low time motors. Kohler tried to dodge the warranty, but I went to the factory. We are going to all Kawasakis.

4. lawnnut

lawnnut LawnSite Member

Our 15 hp Kohler is a great engine and is very fuel efficient.

5. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

Kohler is a single cylinder,definetly get kawi.<p>----------<br>John D<br>

6. TGCummings

TGCummings LawnSite Senior Member

I have the Kawi 15 on my 36&quot; Exmark and I love it. I haven't owned a Kohler engine, but the horror stories that keep popping up on these Boards about their inefficiency would lead me to think the Kawi is the safer bet, my friend...<p>-TGC

7. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

alot of people on here talk bad about kohlors... ive been running them for years with never one problem. My gravely rider i just sold had a kohlor and had almost 3000 hours on it and still ran great and never needed on engine related repair. I now have a 25 kohlor on my toro z master and have had great luck with it so far!

8. Bobby

Bobby LawnSite Senior Member

No doubt about it. Kawasaki. <p>----------<br>Yesteryear L/S<br>Hollywood Fla

9. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Get the Kawasaki!

10. Parrot

Parrot LawnSite Member

kawi...definitely. my dealer said kohler keeps the service dept behind schedule