1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Kawasaki Warranty

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Cutter1, Oct 9, 2000.

1. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I talked to my dealer today. I have a problem with my oil plug in my 23 HP Kaw. I wanted him to rig something and he let me in on a little secret. If ANYTHING happens to your Kaw, while under warranty, the part or engine(whatever the case may be) gets sent to Kaw. If they decide that there is nothing wrong with there product, the bill is on you. No matter what the warranty says. They have to see that there product has failed for the warranty to pay for it!! Just a little food for thought.
  2. chrisbolte

chrisbolte LawnSite Member

I have three kaws. Very few problems. Once had problem with compression. Dealer fixed it. My dealer always fixes my equipment. Under warrenty
  3. Ssouth

Ssouth LawnSite Senior Member

Only two small problems out of my 19 Kaw. Dealer fixed them both under warranty. Just last week he replace my spark plugs under warrany because of a related problem. My dealer is great.....
  4. Cutter1

I'm not saying my dealer is bad, he just let me know. If something major happens to your engine and in their eyes(Kaw) its your fault, then you foot the bill. My dealer is the man, he was just repeating what they say. He would do everything to avoid that.
  5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Any materials and workmanship warranty is like that. It's your dealers reputation with handling warranty work with Kawasaki that matters. If its not their fault their engine failed (poor oil, wrong filter, overheating) they have ways of finding out and at a couple grand for a new LC block, believe me, they ARE going to investigate it!

This holds true for any brand engine, or product.

6. cutting edge

cutting edge LawnSite Member

When I purchased my Lazer I was planning on getting the Kaw engine, but my dealer strongly advised against it. He said that they had been having problems getting Kawasaki to back their product.
  7. jaybee

jaybee LawnSite Member

Would like to know what problems they would be having with the Kawasaki product that they would not back.
  8. cutting edge

cutting edge LawnSite Member

I THINK it had something to do with the air filter design and dirt getting into the engine.
  9. Cutter1

I haven't had any problems like that with my Kaw. The only thing I have had problems with is the oil drain plug. Other than that, it has run very strong.