kawasaki zero turn engines

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

Where are the kawasaki engines made? usa or japan? Ive had people tell me theyre made in the US etc. I know its a japanese company and if im buying a made in the USA mower, i want a USA engine on it too :p, anyone have any info? Id like to stay with kohler, briggs, etc.

2. studerp

studerp LawnSite Member

Not sure if they are all made in the US or not but I believe if they are used in the US they are built here as well. I live in Northwest Missouri and a town not too far from where I live has a Kawasaki plant, it has been there for many years, and has expanded so many times I can't remember them all. I do know they build small engines. There is also a plant in Nebraska I believe............Found this info.......

Kawasaki was the first foreign vehicle manufacturer to open a manufacturing plant in the U.S.AThe consumer products manufacturing facility in Lincoln, located on 335 acres of land, has grown since its opening in 1974 from the original 286,000 square feet to nearly 1.3 million square feet of manufacturing, office and warehouse space. In 2001, the rail car plant was completed at the Lincoln site, adding 437,000 square feet for light rail car manufacturing. Over 1,000 people work at the Lincoln facilities, making KMM a major employer in the Lincoln area. In 1989 the Maryville Plant was opened for production of general purpose engines. The Maryville facility has grown to over 700,000 square feet on 113.7 acres of land employing over 600 people.

3. derekarbeiter

derekarbeiter LawnSite Member

I believe that they are built in the USA (casted on the engine). Best air cooled engines on the market.

4. Breezmeister

Breezmeister LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from South Jersey

ericg likes this.