Kawasaki

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Fire/Grass, Jun 20, 2004.

1. Fire/Grass

Fire/Grass LawnSite Member

Anyone using the Kawasaki trimmers or stick edger? Whats your opinion on them. Seems everyone wants their engines on their mowers, just curious how the hand tools stood out?

2. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the ktr27a Kawi trimmer. It's hands down the best trimmer I've used/owned. Lot's of power, starts easy, and really light. And you can find that model for @ $220. Absolutelly love mine! And that's my nickel.

3. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

And I've either owned or opperated most of the other big name trimmers. I admit I would by a Stihl stick edger just because I like their straight shaft design, though...

4. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

I have a KTR27A too, like it a lot so far. Have no idea how it compares to all the other trimmers out there as far as power goes, but boatloads of power wasn't what I was after since I don't have any accounts that have knee or waist high stuff to cut through.

Got it off eBay for $189, $209 shipped to my door.

5. Jozgators

Jozgators LawnSite Member

I have both Kawasaki Stick Edger and trimmer. The trimmer is model Kbl 26A I like it alot very light , the handle is comfortable put not very sturdy. As for the edger it's a KEL26A I have a problem with blades staying tight on it. The head is also light,so if the property hasn't been edged in a long time the head my jump up, because of the weight issue. I would look at the stihl or redmax for edger. But would buy a Kawasaki trimmer again, because of it being so light, could go all day with it. Used a demo stihl the 4-mix for a week, that thing was heavy compared to the Kawasaki