Kawaskai trimmers...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawnworks, Jul 5, 2000.

1. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I checked out the new kawasaki trimmers the other day and I thought they were awesome. They are very light, possibly lighter than Shindaiwas. In fact, I am almost certain they are. They have three commercial models with 23cc, 26cc, and 34cc engines. My dealer wants $470 for the 34cc model, but you can get them from alamia for $360 shipped. The 34cc model is lighter than the honda and supposedly has more power. Have any of you guys seen these trimmers?<br> <p>Rick Wallace<br>LawnWorks

2. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Yes, I have seen them. They are hard to miss with that big handle and umbrella grass deflector :)

3. dhicks

dhicks Member

I bought the Kawasaki KBL23A. This is the 23 cc engine. I liked it the first time that I picked it up. It's well balanced and lighter than the Shindaiwa, IMHO. I think it's great. Some of the guys may not like it because the grass deflector IS BIG. I got the $50.00 trade in offer which brought the cost down to about 239.00 with tax. Check the trade magazines to see if the trade in offer is still going. Matter of fact, the dealer felt so sorry for me, he let me keep my old Crapsman trimmer. What a hoot! <p>----------<br>--Disneyland on the Potomac - ICQ [icq]31223414[/icq]<br>www.go-emerald.com

4. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Yeah, that $50 off deal is pretty funny. You could walk in with a spoon and get $50 off.

5. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

I bought a KBL26A about 2 months ago,it is a great trimmer,its light and has plenty of power,and the price was right.Ive known the dealer for a long time and when he told me they were just as good as redmax,stihl or a shindy,I believed him,so far its been perfect,though it only has about 30 hrs on it.The best thing about it is the balance-its perfect.<p>----------<br>John D<br>

6. boozoo

boozoo LawnSite Member

I bought a couple of them, and am going to buy another. Great power, light, well-balanced. And I take ALL my weedeater deflectors OFF! My God, how can you see to vertically edge otherwise?

7. columbiaplower

columbiaplower LawnSite Senior Member

my dealer is running a deal with them- trade in $50 off and a 48 pack (case) of 2-stroke oil free. i didnt like them the reminded me of a crappy old makita timmer hanging in the shop. i stick with stihl.