Kawaski FB460V Bleeding gas

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by scoyman, Sep 23, 2007.

1. scoyman

scoyman LawnSite Member

The plastic tube on the carb is bleeding gas. What's up and how do I fix this?

2. scoyman

scoyman LawnSite Member

The engine is on an Exmark 32" if that makes a difference.
  3. scoyman

scoyman LawnSite Member

Am I in the wrong place with this question? I'm new and would appreciate knowing why I'm not getting any response.
  4. GPDesign1

GPDesign1 LawnSite Senior Member

You may have trash in the needle valve holding it open.

5. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

I moved this to the Mechanic & Repair forum so you will hopefully get more of a response
  6. MowerMedic77

MowerMedic77 LawnSite Bronze Member

That plastic tube is your carbs overflow tube, the idea is that if the carb floods the unit will drop the gas out instead of filling your entire engine with fuel.
    As GPD stated you more then likely have debris holding your fuel float and needle open.
    You can do a search in this forum on this issue and find multiple posts with what to do next.
  7. scoyman

scoyman LawnSite Member

Thanks for the help. I had trouble with the place I was getting gas. Seems they have rust in their tanks. Have cleaned everything out and its working fine.
  8. Jay Ray

Jay Ray LawnSite Fanatic

I have had that engine three and a half years and the tube leaks a little gas from time to time, just enough to smell it and see a small wet spot on the engine deck. Sometimes I buy non-brand gas out in the boonies, but think that will have to cease. I heard all the big names have fiberglass tanks now.
  9. 44DCNF

44DCNF LawnSite Bronze Member

I try to always use the fuel shutoff and run the carb dry when the mower is parked for the day. In the event you do get something stuck in the seat/needle you won't come in in the morning to find a couple gallons of gas ran out on the floor. Scoyman, I also recommend an inline fuel filter if you don't have one on it already.