Kawasucki runs hot !

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by BigFish, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

I see the outer edge of the grass screen broken off among other things.....

2. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Is it a Wright that slopped hydro oil all over?
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

I am still waiting on pictures of the engine. So far all I see is a picture of a pile of manure.
    Joking aside. People can not understand why they have an over heat problem with an engine that is cover 2 inches deep with manure, dirt, oil, grease and who knows what. Just what part of AIR COOLED do they not understand?

4. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

I'm not sure what I'm looking at here but assume its a Kawi on a yellow mower with greasy dirt caked in the cooling fins.

5. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Fish said the oil didn't come from engine leak. That leaves sloppy filling or from the hydro system. I'm sure the sludge/grass blanket is what's keeping it toasty along with the ventilated housing.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. BigFish

BigFish LawnSite Silver Member

You be the WINNER !!!!

Yeah, on the 36" models the hydro ( there's that word again! I GOT to figure out what that means! ) tank is located just above and to the side of the engine fan. It actually has a kinda chute that directs the air over the tank on its way to the fan opening. Couple that with the vented tank cap, and the tendency for them little buggies to bounce, and well, you get the picture.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
  7. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

OK. I posted a little too qiuck