kawi 15 vs kawi 12.5

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by LawnInOrder, Nov 3, 2006.

1. LawnInOrder

LawnInOrder LawnSite Senior Member

does a 12.5hp carb froma a kawi fit on a 15hp kawi motor. Thansk LawnInOrder

2. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

you'll have to post all the numbers off both engines and if it does you'll have to exchange the main jet

3. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

You are partially right khouse, But along with the main jet the bleed pipe (jet holder) has a different bore along with the main nozzle.
    With all of these parts being different sizes even having the model numbers off both engines will not tell you if they will interchange because the complete carb. assembly part number will be different, About the only way to find out is see if it will physically bolt on then change all three parts listed above if possible.

4. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Also it could be the same carb body, but the throttle and choke shafts may be different...

5. MowerMedic77

MowerMedic77 LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't think it will the 12.5 was a single cylinder engine and the 15 is a twin.
    The linkage for a 12.5 hooks to the top of the carb(choke&throttle) the linkage for a 15 twin carb hooks to the side.

6. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

Things always seem simple on the outside.
    1 for 3 ain't too bad for me Restrorob. Talk to you later..

7. LawnInOrder

LawnInOrder LawnSite Senior Member

thanks guys, i didn;t think it would fit either but i thought i asked anyways