Kawi KGT27A

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Country, May 13, 2008.

1. Country

Country LawnSite Member

After researching on here for the better part of today about trimmers. You all have sold me on the KGT27A. I just called around to a few dealers (my main dealer only sells Echo) the prices ranged from $317.99 to $299.99. I found it at J Thomas for $286.43 plus shipping (so no $$ saved). I know the guys at the $299 dealer the best and could possibly get them lower....

I was set on an Echo SRM-210 for around $230. I was thinking I could get the Kawi for around $250 (until I called around)... Is it really worth the extra $70???

Someone give me one more push....:rolleyes:

2. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

You know SRM210 is a lower model. You have to compare to SRM260 with the Kawasaki. Kawa is 26cc a lot lower noise. SRM210 is the same engine as my HC151 and it SCREAM!!!!!

3. Country

Country LawnSite Member

Well, I know I'm not comparing apples to apples, but for the money, is it worth the $70 to "step up" to the KGT27A????

When I 1st started thinking about buying a new trimmer, my price range was $200....

But you know how that go's....

4. Yater

Yater LawnSite Senior Member

I have the ktf27A and it's a sweet piece of kit. It's really light and makes nice, quiet, smooth power. I imagine the steel shaft on the kgt would be even better. Kawasaki also offers a 2 year commercial warranty.

5. yungman

from Calif.

For $200, your choice is a little limited. Read the threads lately, quite a few people raving about the SRM210. And is justifiable. To me is loud!!!

Go up to $300, choice is very wide. Read past threads, read a lot. You will get a good idea which one to buy. Kawasaki is a good one. Just watch out there are a few people that will strongly suggest you to buy certain stuff that is less than good.

I use Honda trimmer, but I cannot in good conscience suggesting you to get one because it is heavy even it is reliable and good price.

Read more threads, take your time, don't just listen to one person. This is very important, it is your money, not theirs. I think I already go as far as I can....... before I'll get gang attack.......again.:laughing::laughing::laughing:

For me, Kawasaki would be up there on my list, but, I am just a home owner and I don't know anything.

6. Country

Country LawnSite Member

Thanks for the replies.
    Yeah, I did read a lot yesterday (at least 4 or 5 hours) on trimmers. That's what turned me one to the Kawi's.

Well, I pulled the trigger on a KGT27A this morning and it seems really light and well balanced. I'm actually looking forward to trimming now.

The sad thing is, I was worried about spending $300 on a trimmer and my next stop after picking it up was to get fuel. I spent $285 on a tank of diesel... Somethings got to change!!!:cry:

7. Ronniecoleman

Ronniecoleman LawnSite Member

8. Country

Country LawnSite Member

Thanks, but that KTF is a lesser model than the KGT27A. (cable shaft, weaker gearbox, no anti-vibe)
    It's still a good price, but I'd feel better going through my dealer.:usflag:

9. yungman

from Calif.

Good for you, keep us inform. This is the only way we can learn.....from others experiences. There is no way we can buy everyone to experience ourself. I am seriously looking into Kawasaki short reach hedge trimmer which has the same engine. It is supposed to be very quiet, is it??

In case you have any experience, I am comparing between Husqvarna 326H, Redmax SHTZ2401 and Kawasaki short reach articulate hedge trimmer, which one is the quietest?:waving:

10. magbarn

magbarn LawnSite Member

If you find a way to change out the head without having to change the gearbox, let us know as the only thing stopping me from getting a Kawi is the proprietary thread on the trimmer head.