1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Kawi or redmax

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Schrock Lawns, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Schrock Lawns

Schrock Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Which is better kawi or redmax would be using it for trimmers blowers edgers and hedgers its only these two that I'm choosing from I've elimated everything else what do you feel performed the best and works best one of the. Mechanics for a company around here said kawi works better they have like 600 redmax things but then switched to kawi any help apriceated
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. RTR Landscaping

RTR Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

We switched from Stihl to all RedMax four years ago. So far we have had excellent service out of them. I don't really know much about Kawi,s but I don't see any LCO's using them in this market.
  3. kawasaki guy

kawasaki guy LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from S. New Jersey

I would recommend Kawasaki. Really reliable and durable.
  4. blake101

blake101 LawnSite Senior Member

I have all Stihl, except for two Kawasaki's, and so far I love them and have had zero problems.
  5. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

Yeah but your opinion is biased. :)
    So you really don't have "all Stihl"? :D
  6. jones68

jones68 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a stihl blower stihl string trimmer and a stihl hedge trimmer that i got cheap!!! from a guy liquidating his business couldn't pass up the deal. i just bought a new stihl chainsaw a few weeks ago love it. but i run redmax blowers string trimmers and hedge trimmers by choice i cant speak of the kawi but the redmax certainly tops the stihl in blower string trimmer and hedge trimmer categories in my opinion. the redmax chainsaw and combination unit couldn't touch the stihls though. but a lot of guys in my area swear by the stihls i think they are all good products it just comes down to personal preference and dealer support. i will continue to buy from redmax and stihl
  7. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

Just buy a Husqvarna, Since Redmax is owned by the same company.
    easy-lift guy
  8. blake101

blake101 LawnSite Senior Member

Ha Ha Ha, stand corrected. I have two Kasaski's to go with my Stihl's. So you are right, I don't have all Stihl's. But I did say except.
  9. Schrock Lawns

Schrock Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I was gonna go with kawi but I needed hedgers for a Job this weekend and it woulda took too long so I ended up going with redmax srtz2460 and plan on picking up 2 blowers and 2-3 trimmers around Christmas plus the redmax was cheeper
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. zmelli

zmelli LawnSite Member

I have read that the new REDMAX trimmers are not as good as the old ones. Kawasakis have developed carb issues. Maruyama is solid but expensive. I would stay away from anything with ZAMA carbs. Kawasakis have their own carbs (expensive) Between the two I would choose Kawasaki based on what I have read.