Kawi question

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by PineyPower, Dec 29, 2012.

1. PineyPower

PineyPower LawnSite Member

This past summer I bought a new John Deere QuikTrac 647 with a 22 hp kawi on it. Love the machine but on e oddity about it. After running a full throtle for a while, I have to let it sit at a low idle wait a good 4 minutes to shut it off or it will back fire. Now, I have a lot of experience with carbs amd such so I'm thinking its an adjustmest issue. Or is this the way the machine is supossed to run? Thanks

2. BigFish

BigFish LawnSite Gold Member

Now I have a lot of experience with carbs and such, so I'm thinking its not an adjustment issue. What are ya gonna adjust?

It more than likely is the anti-afterfire solenoid ( fuel solenoid) that is probably sticking open, or not seating , due to crud, etc.
    Pull the solenoid and check it out.

You also wanna pull the shroud and make sure the head/cyl fins are clear of debris.

3. PineyPower

PineyPower LawnSite Member

Ok. Ill check that. And as for adjustments, I have an '84 f150 with a carb and more pollution stuff in the world on it. With that the truck will run at a high idle for a while to clear the cylinders and such. It horrible. But anyways, I the pollution stuff on this engine and wasn't sure if it was in the same boat.
    Posted via Mobile Device