1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Kawie air filters

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Joemow, Jan 26, 2003.

1. Joemow

Joemow LawnSite Member

I'm confused on buying replacement air filters for my 21hp Kawie . I've purchased factory filters from one dealer with Kawie#11013-7010. I've purchased factory filters from another dealer & was given a different part #. Both daelers say there part # is correct ! Both are the exact same size, & seem to work fine. What's up with that?

2. Mr.Wrench

Mr.Wrench LawnSite Member
    from N.H.

I've noticed a big difference in Kawi part numbers for the exact same filters as well. I've found 2 different P/N for the same air & pre filters on the liquid cooled 17hp vertical.

3. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I have a 23 hp kaw, and the part # is 11029-7002, I pay about 20.00 for them without the wrap, how much are you guys paying. Without hurting the filtering affect where do you guys get filters cheaper, or do I just pay 20.00.
    I had bought one of those enginer pre-filters for it, but I have to change the main jets. Probably do it this winter, anybody do that jet change?

4. Joemow

Joemow LawnSite Member

Thanks for the response guys!
    Wriken, You answered my question. One of the dealers is selling me the #11029-7002 filter[ for 23hp], & the other is for the 21hp. Both are interchangeable since they are the exact same size.
    As to answer your question, we pay between $20. & $30. depending on the dealer.

thanks, Wriken

Mr. Wrench, I bet your filter for the 17hp interchanges with either the 15hp or the 19hp.

thanks,Mr. Wrench

:p