Kawisaki Support Problems.....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Scott Campbell, Feb 28, 2001.

1. Scott Campbell

Scott Campbell LawnSite Member

I posted this same subject over on TurfMfg.com while LS was down, because I was curious to see what a mfg had to say about this issue. I wanted to bring it over here to give everyone a chance to weigh in on this.

I am deciding between a 27hp LC Kaw & a 26hp EFI Kohler. I read several of the Kohler posts' and I know that the 25's are a sore spot with many. I don't know about the 26's though. Was pretty sure I was going with the 27 LC until I really started talking with my dealer about this. I am interested to see if any of you have had, or heard of these problems.

2. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

i cannot help you about the Kawasaki, I know they have always made great engines. The 26hp EFI Kohler is an excellent engine. Smooth running, easy start, low fuel consumption, quiet. i have sold and still operate a few 26hp EFI Kohlers on Walker Mowers, they are nice engines.

3. Scott Campbell

Scott Campbell LawnSite Member

This was the response to my post on TurfMfg.com, I want to thank Exmark for his reply. Also wanted everyone to see the response on LS as well.

4. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

Man, you gotta give the folks at Exmark credit for telling it like it is. I may be seriously thinking of getting an Exmark next time I need a new mower.

5. cutting edge

cutting edge LawnSite Member

I planned on getting the Kaw engine when I purchased my Exmark last year, my dealer advised against it. He said they had some trouble in the past getting Kaw to back their products under warranty. I went with the Kohler.