KC area guys: Lots of equip. for sale

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Royalslover, Mar 8, 2005.

1. Royalslover

Royalslover LawnSite Senior Member

For some reason I wasn't allowed to post on the equipment forum. True North(I-35 and Merriam Lane) has a bunch of stuff for sale. If I remember right here is a list. Two areators, several trailers, blowers and trimers. Also here are the mowers I can remember: Six Wright standers, 4 Jd standers, 3 encore wbs, 2 Turf tigers, and a JD compact ZTR. There might be more I'm forgetting but they had pretty fair prices on most of it.

2. snap12.5

snap12.5 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

is this used equipment? do u know the prices on the wright standers??? any pics?

3. jhawk71

jhawk71 LawnSite Member

I am interested in the trailers. Please give me more info and contact information thanks.
    Jhawk71

4. Royalslover

This company was either True North or Martz bros. I'll have to drive back by and see what the number is. It is at the corner of Lamar and Merriam Lane right off of I 35 in Kansas City Ks. There were several 52" Standers as well as a couple of 61" s. I think they were asking $3250 for the 61"s and $2500 for the $52's. I THINK.

5. snap12.5

snap12.5 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

$2500 for a 52'' stander??? thats sounds great depending on the year. why are they priced this low. do u know the details of the 52s?

6. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

True North is the company at Merriam Lane and Lamar. It wouldnt surprise me one bit if they were going out of business. The blew up suddenly and were all over town and the next year you couldnt find one of their trucks to save your life.

7. Royalslover

The guy told me that they are going to stay in business but only as a snow and ice control company.
    He told me that the Standers have 2 years of use on them.

8. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

LOL! SO this guy wants to own a company for snow and ice in KC? We mustered 13 inches of snow last year. I hope he's not banking his future on it.

9. AlbeLawn

AlbeLawn LawnSite Member

I am from St. Louis and they are getting into the area this year for plowing only. they were going to hire me for a sub and at the last minute after lieng to me they said they did not need me.They sub out all of their plowing in Stl and i believe they do the same in kc. They have their own trucks for back up only and use them sparlings. I think they are crazy especially sense stl gets 20% less then kc does. I don,t really like the company but if you can get good deal have at them and offer low!!!!!

Jim
    Albenesius Lawn Service

10. jpierce

jpierce LawnSite Member

Thanks for the heads up - Are they open on Saturday or have a phone number to call??

:blob1: to get a good one!!