1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Kearcher pipe pullers?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Beartooth, Apr 23, 2006.

1. Beartooth

Beartooth LawnSite Member

Do any of you use a Kearcher pipe puller? If so, what do you think of it and how does it compare with other plows on the market?
  2. Rainman7

Rainman7 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Dont know why anyone would buy one. I think the people that buy them are mostly used to the Pipe Pipers 180 or 230 and are afraid of the 4 wheel drive articulating machines. Why spend all that money on a 2 wheel drive machine that you still have to push out of the mud? Oh yea, my friend that has one tells me it does a neat job.:hammerhead: By the way, my friend bought his brand new 3 years ago and I lost track of all the parts he had to replace alread and how much down time he had.

If your afraid of the big machines, go with the DW255 or LM25.

Just my opinion, talk to some people that have one.

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I've seen that thing at some trade shows, and it does seem to share the characteristics of a pipe piper. Definitely not a machine for a muddy construction site. Probably neater than neat on a lawn.
  4. Bobcat s250 NY

Bobcat s250 NY Banned
    from texas

Dont bother is right.. All of them are garbage, even their new tracked model. I recently bought a dw410 and cant believe i have been busting my ass all these years with 2wd machines for nothing. Best machine out there hands down:weightlifter: :weightlifter: I thought it would destroy residential properties, but it seems cleaner than the 230. Hey if your interested in a piper 230 , mine is for sale.
  5. Rainman7

Rainman7 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

How wide is your DW410? Does it fit through most gates? I didnt know Kearcher made a tracked model, its should be a little better than the 2WD one. I just dont think they are made to take the abuse.
  6. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

With the narrow tire option, a 410 will fit through a standard garden gate.

I haven't tried the Vermeer LM-42, but excluding that plow, the 410sx is the best plow on the market in my opinion.
  7. brookviewlawncare

brookviewlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

there has always been a special: place in my heart and back :weightlifter: for the old pipers!
  8. Dirty Water

This bad boy (well, one just like it) was our companys work horse for over a decade:

9. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like somebody swiped the workhorse's original engine...
  10. Dirty Water

Yeah, that looks like a briggs or tecumsah on that one, I know it came with a 2 cylinder onan originally.

We replaced the Onan twice on our plow over its life, the second time it died we put a 24hp honda on it...but ended up buying our 410 that same seasion. It now sits rarely used, usually only for super tight access jobs.