keep your customers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by miquel, Dec 20, 2000.

1. miquel

miquel LawnSite Member
    from GA.

Could anyone tell me one of the best ways to keep one's customers. I know this might be a difficult one.

2. davesgs75

davesgs75 LawnSite Member

the only answer i could give would be to do top quality work. i do the very best job i can do. i have customers who have been with me for years. that is the way to keep residential customers. commerical jobs, goes to low bidder more times than not.

3. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Keep them happy

4. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

Do a good job, DON'T give them any reason to fire you .. Simple enough!!

5. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

QUALITY WORK!!!!!!!!!!
    The first year I did this I worried about losing cust. over the winter, so in Febuary I sent out flyers about spring cleaning and didn`t get but 1 call on this from my customers. At end of febuary I was really worried and in march I went out and checked out the lawns to start work, when I arrived at first house the customer comes out and told me they really liked my flyer and figured I would start when I thought it was the right time,wow. I talked to 4 more that day and they told me the same thing, now the only customers that I loose are the ones that I pick up during the season and are slow payers,or won`t pay for the work that they expect.

6. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

Do top QUALITY work and treat them as a friend as opposed to only a customer. I send out birthday cards and Christmas cards. Treat them right and you will have a customer for life. Just seems to work for me.
    Good Luck,
    Mowman

7. jay

jay LawnSite Member

Personalize, stick to what you say, treat them fairly, and do your best.