keep your mouth shut!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Sep 13, 2002.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

2 good reasons to keep your mouth closed while weedwacking. (1) was wacking with my mouth slightly opened, a rock hit me in the tooth and cracked it. (2) didnt see the pile of dog poop, wacked it, it splattered on my arms, leg, and yup, in my mouth. gross!

2. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Dang, Kris is back too!

Good to see your alive.

4. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

I must eat a couple of pounds of insects every summer. I had something running up my nose the other day. By the time I got it out, it was unrecognizable. Risks of the business I guess.

5. thfireman

thfireman LawnSite Senior Member

LOL... I had a small rock fly up and hit my nose. Went right up my nostrel. I thought it fell out right away because I dug around for it but found nothing....:D Gross huh! Anyway later that night I was blowing the ol snoz and a rock went into the Kleenex.

I found out that I get a lot fewer painful hits to the lips since I grew my mustach. Kinda cushions the impact. I also learned that ants and some caterpillers taste a little bit tart.

Wear those goggles and keep your mouth shut! Those of you who ride motorcycles already know how this works!

6. beck

beck LawnSite Senior Member

We were performing some trimming similar to what the highway dept. does, like the mid shin high grass. I had something fly back and hit me in the groin.

7. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

Talking about the highway department mowing, today I saw a couple of guys mowing around gaurd rails. They were using push mowers and trimmers. I have no idea what they use for trimmers, but the mowers had to be the lowest grade of home owner TRASH I have seen in a while. And they were not self propelled. Can you imagine pushing one of those all day mowing over the very rough ground along a gaurd rail. NO THANKS.

8. thfireman

That would be a good idea to give the chain gangs down here!

9. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

Chain gangs? I thought they did away with that. Isn't cable TV enough hardship for them? LOL

10. thfireman

They probably do have DVD players in the buses that take them to the work sites! LOL:)