1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Keeping 21" from rolling on trailer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Husky03, Feb 14, 2005.

1. Husky03

Husky03 LawnSite Senior Member

What do you guys use to keep your 21" push mowers from rolling around on your trailer. I was thinking of just wedging it between my Z and the sides of my trailer.

2. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I put mine at the end of the trailer, turn it backwards and bungee it to the gate from the handle. It fits nicely right next to my wb.
  3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

2x4's screwed to the floor of the trailer work great! One in front and one in back. I also put one across the open side to sort of box it in to keep it from sliding sideways out of it's little cradle. If you have a really small trailer that's pretty light weight and bounces around a lot this may not be the best thing tho... I hate to see a mower slamming back and forth on a trailer! Bungees work ok, but unless it's fitted just right I find that things tend to roll anyway and just strech the cord to it's limit. Maybe look into a Pro Locker? Saw them on another site, seems like a pretty cool idea as long as they wouldn't be in the way too much...
  4. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

I just placed a 2x4 22 inches from the trailer wall and screwed it down with wood screws. This creates a track for the wheels to rest on. I then bungee the 21" mower to the trailer side. I guess I explained that clearly...
  5. Husky03

Husky03 LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds good, I will secure it somehow with boards. It should be safe because the sidewalls of my trailer are high.

6. The landscaper

The landscaper LawnSite Senior Member

Depending on what I take, I wedge between mowers and the side of the trailer. I also just bungee to the trailer.
  7. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

I am in the Process of Building a 21" Carrier to attach to the trailer tounges. The carriers will have latched ramps on both sides when finished and will be able to carry 2-21"'s.

8. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

I sometimes wonder when I read such questions that we are having one put over on us. This is the second ridiculous post I've read out of the last 4.

Do you really think someone who doesn't understand the concept of stuff like straps, bungee cords, and a set of 2x4's nailed to the trailer floor is capable of finding their way around town to mow lawns?

Now I have a question. There is this cord thing on my mower that looks like you have to pull it. How far should I pull it? What does it do?
  9. valley boy

valley boy LawnSite Member

I lost one last year , got ran over by a very nice lady , scared the crap out of me !!!! Kids every where . Now I have it blocked by 2"x4" wood and strap it down solid . It takes a couple of minutes but no law suits or dead kids.
  10. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Never used em but the Jungle Jim metal wheel boot things look good. Probably could make them yourself with some sheet metal.