1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Keeping a mower on a trailer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mkwl, Jun 17, 2004.

1. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

How do you guy's keep your walk behind mowers from moveing around on your trailers?
  2. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

3" ratchet strap across the deck to the trailer frame. it takes all of 5 seconds to secure/unsecure it.
  3. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

Put it in gear.....wheels will lock up.
  4. sgtgm5

sgtgm5 LawnSite Member

I keep it in gear too. :p
  5. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

a guy in my town used to put his in gear but he doesn't any more since he kept having to replace his tranny every year or so. my WB doesn't weigh enough to hold it from sliding around my trailer unless it's secured. It is also a couple hundred dollar fine for not securing equipment
  6. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

I have enough equipment on my trailer that it cant move anywhere. Also I use a tandem axle trailer which rides much better than a single.
  7. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Currently heavy duty rachet tie downs. But soon either prolockers or fast straps. Can't decide.
  8. precisioncut

precisioncut LawnSite Senior Member

Ratchet straps for now, but want something faster and even easier. Looking into ProLockers or Fast straps as well.
  9. Mlc gmc03

Mlc gmc03 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

ratchet straps for now and it sucks but just putting it in gear is not only bad for the trans but it will still move around
  10. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

My Ferris Hydro won't move when it's not running. I just set it on the trailer and forget about it.

DFW Area Landscaper