Keeping busy in 05-06 or relaxing?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GraZZmaZter, Dec 2, 2005.

1. GraZZmaZter

GraZZmaZter LawnSite Senior Member

Who is laying around drinking football and watching beer.

Who is staying busy.

I hate doing nothing. I recently was going through the paper and saw a few advertisements for handyman work around the house.

Anyone ever tried this out with any luck?

2. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

everything here is dead . i do a couple of landscapes every now and then but thats it .people want to wait until the leaves have completely fallen before cleanup .

3. Willis

Willis LawnSite Member

Drinking football, watching beer. :cool:

4. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

looking for more winter work, sitting around pretty much relaxing some, catching up on the cars that "accumulated" in my yard so I can get em out of here.

5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Just finished my largest leaf cleanup ever... over 2 acres... solo... took 9.5 hours@$40 per. I'm heading back over to the same house today to trim up a few tall shrubs and then I'm going to take a ride with a fello LCO to find that elusive new Shindaiwa super blower. Inside my house I'm adding 3 large closets (loosing sq. ft. out of shop) to the master and number 2 bedrooms. I still have a bunch of cleanups to do.

In Jan and Feb I'm heading down to Virginia's Eastern Shore and building a house for a friend.

Yup, staying busy as usual.

6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I got leaves, tons more...

It's cold outside...

brrrrrrr

sigh, time to log off the puter, go to work.

7. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Still winterizeing equipment (snow on the ground and about 18 degrees) painted great room, stairway wall, landing walls, upstairs hall foyer, and office/toyroom, including cielings. Getting estimates out and scheduling jobs for next spring. Contacting some lawn customers with comprehensive packages. Putting numbers down for fert & squirt program for next year. Making wish list for new equipment purchases next Feb. and playing Mr. Mom (220 228 whatever it takes :p )

I will ready the Ice hut this weekend and start some ice fishing very soon, also doing more pheasant hunting. I want to try and squeeze in some video game playing, but likely will not get that done:(. I have to admit though I got my eye on next season already though.

Forgot, also getting Xmas cards ready for customers.

8. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

Today I am writing bills and sending out christmas cards for customers. Tommorow is going to be spent washing and waxing all of the mowers and trailers. I'm a little behind on that this year since we have 3" of snow on the ground and the summer equipment isnt put away yet!:dizzy:

9. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

10. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

I'll be doing leaves until January. When and if it snows I supervise plow trucks for a friend and my off time is spent looking for a house and commercial property in NC.