Keeping clean

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by sbvfd592, Apr 17, 2008.

1. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

So I know i like to work with gloves just so I don't have filthy fingernails and crap all day long or when i go shake someones hand. what do u do to keep clean?? of are some of you just animals

2. Dennis Spencer

Dennis Spencer LawnSite Member

I always wipe the blood off before shaking hands.

3. Bigred350

Bigred350 LawnSite Senior Member

I were those thin rubber coated gloves when digging in the mud.

4. WalkGood

WalkGood LawnSite Bronze Member

It's not "just" for appearances. Many times there is all kinds of debris burried just under or within the topsoil. Home builders will get the krapy-est fill to level off a property then put 2 inches of lowgrade cheap topsoil. Pieces of glass, metal shards, nails, even sharp broken stone. And dirt often contains germs like staph. And whatever is in dog/cat feces.

I got cut on my finger tip a few years ago while scooping out a hole with bare hands. Then it got infected and swelled up like Fred Flintstones finger when he drops a bowling ball on his hand. Was painful and difficult to grab/hold any tools or a fork. Had to get antibiotics.

Now I will wear extra thick nitrile disposible gloves if I am hand-scooping any dirt.

5. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Just an animal here.

6. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

What this guy said^^^^^

hey you ever hear of Nasar irrigation?

7. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Joe Nassar out of Salem NH? He,s a good guy. He has been around quite a while.

8. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

YUP, spoke with him yesterday about a tech position..

LOL! how big is his outfit?

9. Animal here. From time to time I try to get in the glove habit but it slows me down and I can't ever find them. I keep a wash up bucket next to me for quick hand clean up My hands are deeply lined and have grime buried so deep no amount of scrubbing gets it removed. Some woman seem to find them attractive compared to the metrosexual hands of the modern male.