1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Keeping grass from sticking to under your mowers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joed, May 4, 2002.

1. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anyone have any idea of how to prevent the buildup of grass underneath your mowing deck? As all of you know, lush spring grass sticks to a deck like a bee to honey. I having to stop after every 3rd lawn or so to scrape the stuff off. I mulch with a Toro Proline 21".

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I myself dont put anything under my lazer and just scrape it every now and then. For a quick fix, you could put mow deck(a product to prevent buildup) or even some spray cooking oil. Supposedly they dont hold up very long though, but it works in the short run. I havent tried either techniques, but from what ive heard, those are two options.
  3. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

4. kroll

kroll LawnSite Member

hi lift blades & Mo-deck or spay silicone.
    problem solved.
  5. GCS LawnService

GCS LawnService LawnSite Member

MO-DECK/ Polymer Non-Stick Mower Deck Treatment
    You can check for the product at www.mo-deck.com or check the lawnsite online store.

Cooking oil attracts gnats. :mad: NASTY!
  6. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

modeck is not magic ,but it makes a great deal f difference in moderate conditions ..its a real surprise sometimes to see almost no grass under the mower.
    well gotta go spray modeck ,with the rain we had yesterday ,ill need it .
  7. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Heard of a guy using PAM cooking spray - I guess that spinach under his deck must taste pretty gooooood.