1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

keeping new truck clean

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by VLM, Apr 4, 2002.

1. VLM

VLM LawnSite Member

Recently bought a new Chevy 2500. It's so nice and clean now but I am afraid of how it may look by the end of this season. What tricks do you all use to keep your cabs clean? Are seat covers worth the investment? Any other pointers?
  2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Seat covers will do miracles in saving your interior. As far as the outside goes, keep a good coat of wax on it at all times, and it will resist scratches greatly. Even bumping it or dropping something against it. Using good wax with this kind of abuse can't completely stop the wear on the paint, but it can certainly help inhibit it. Also, if it's just YOU using the truck, you're miles ahead, already. Just use care. Enjoy it!
  3. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Seat covers and weekly visits to the car vac. I use Zaino Brothers wax, the best you can buy, check them out at www.zainobros.com
  4. Harvestman

Harvestman LawnSite Member

I have a new f-250 and I wash it once a week, I'm also going to install seat covers once it warms up a little more. I just try me best to take care if it. Although yesterday one of my employes blew wet grass all over the side.(bummer)
  5. thisismurph

thisismurph LawnSite Member

one thing that I have found is parking away from the work site, opposite side of the street, or down the street abit, this keeps your truck out of range from flying debris from from trimming and blowing

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

I have not been able to wash my truck for a while cause of the drought, Not allowed to wash in this area... So my truck will protect itself from scratche s due to a 1 inch thick layer of dirt.....

PRECISION LC LawnSite Member

when i got my new truck i too was worried about this. so i went and bought seat covers that are washable, big floor liner, with a tall lip on them so dirt would stay in, i also wash it weekly, inside and out, trying to keep it clean. pretty much be as careful as possible
  8. LawnCrafters

LawnCrafters LawnSite Member

I clean my trucks religously. I wash the exterior every 2-3 days and vacuum the inside everyday! (during cutting season) This might be a little excessive, but the better you take care of it, the longer it will last and stay new. A nice clean truck also looks good in front of a customers house.
  9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Gee, and I thought I was bad for dusting my baby off with a slightly damp towel everyday before I head out. Now I don't feel quite so awkward! Oh yeah, I do the trailer too.:D
  10. AK Lawn

AK Lawn LawnSite Member

Ya i think that we are all in the same boat, my bus. truck, i use it for bids and deliveries, nothing goes in to the bed, but it is rhino lined is kept clean religously. I wash at least once a week probably more, and vacume once every two weeks, it was not used for work last year so it stayed cleaner , but it will be used for work this summer, so it is also getting seat covers and thick coats of wax. but the rest is just up to being careful
    AK Lawn