Keeping Small Mowers From Rolling Around

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by thegreensideup, Apr 9, 2008.

?

What do you use to keep small mowers secure?

1. Jungle Boot

3 vote(s)
    9.7%
  2. Tire Cage

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Ratchet Strap

14 vote(s)
    45.2%
  4. Other

14 vote(s)
    45.2%
  1. thegreensideup

thegreensideup LawnSite Member
    from SE PA

2. doubleedge

doubleedge LawnSite Senior Member
    from ND

tarp straps!

3. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

i keep my trim mower in the back of my truck because i rarely use it. it bounces around way too much on the trailer no matter how its tied down.

4. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

bungie cords

5. ltw77

ltw77 LawnSite Member

I screwed some wood blocks to the floor forming a 90 around the front wheel and I have a strap holding the rear. This keeps the wheel tight against the wood blocks. Now that I think about it I also have a ripped 2x4 that runs directly behind the back wheels as well. It's an open landscape trailor and I have yet to have an issue. Btw, the mower does sit across the trailor not longways but I figure most people do that anyways.

6. thegreensideup

thegreensideup LawnSite Member
    from SE PA

I am surprised that no one selected the tire cage, after today I think that's the one I am leaning towards. At 2:00 pm I had just walked out front to work at my own house (in a good neighbor hood). A cop pulls up and asked if I had seen a guy drive by with a mower in the back of his truck. Sorry no, just walked out the door, why? I guy up the street had his mower stolen off of his front yard.

7. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member

hah but i was out at walk mart the other day i see this nice br 600 sitting right in the middle of the lot i was like ooooooo its gonna be my lucky day i am like thers no landscapers here so i circle back. ( i was gonna call the non emergancy police number and tell them that if somebody calld and said there blower was gone and they has the serial number they could have it back) but i stoppd then saw the parking lot sweeper guy coming back. i am like you should really never leave this stuff laying around that would of been 400 bucks down the drain.

8. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

I am going to use those quick pull straps.

9. lonestarlandscaping

lonestarlandscaping LawnSite Member

I have 2 32' exmarks and 1 21' Toro commercial and i nailed 2x4's to the trailer floor behind the back wheels of the 32's and put the parking brake on then the 21 sits sideways and i bungee chord the handle together to simulate a person squeezing the handles together... that locks the rear wheels so it doesnt slide backand forth also it keeps the control bar from getting bent or beat up. hope that helps.

10. doubleedge

doubleedge LawnSite Senior Member
    from ND

Umm... You would actually consider taking something that is not yours? I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I took it.