1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

keeping the mowers looking like new

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joshua, Apr 24, 2001.

1. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

if you guys want to keep your mowers looking like the day you bought them , use eagle wet shine, the stuff works like no other and protects the paint as well.
    around 400 hours on my lazer and it looks like its new, i wipe it down every other night in the spring and every 3 or 4 days in the summer. it gets all the grass off even by the bottom of the deck, ( the stuff that looks like its painted on). the 1st time you use it you might have to use alittle force to get it looking good again but its worth it. towards the bottom of the deck try a sos pad soaked in the stuff then wipe off the green gue with a rag.
    you guys will be hooked on it after 1 bottle.
  2. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

I'll try it. Thanks for the tip... Dave
  3. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

Never heard of it, but willing to try something new! thanks
  4. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

Joshua what store carry this product? Ill try Lowes and walmart or maybe AutoZone. Thanks for the tip. Marks Mowing Service ps im like you i try a wax mine mowers every week.
  5. oneEXMARKfan

oneEXMARKfan Banned

Cool!!!! I'll check it out.Thankz Joshua
  6. eggy

eggy LawnSite Senior Member

No BS you guys really do wax your mowers????? WOW....
  7. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

eggy, not only do all of us guys want our yards to look the best, but we want to look the best as we do it, our personal apperance and the way our machines look. personly i don't want to show up to someones house for the 1st time and have my mowers looking like they were in a mud and grass fight. even if i look great that won't look good over all.

you can buy this at anywhere you can get auto products. its the best stuff out there, trust me on that.
  8. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

i use the eagle one spray and gel gloss, works good for me!
  9. BCLawncare

BCLawncare LawnSite Member

I wax my 455 JD its three years old and still looks new
    For you Chopper owners who like to keep your mowers looking
    great try Lysol antibacterial kitchen cleaner, its great for
    the stainless steel, makes it shine like a new dime.Just dont let your wife catch you useing it she`l get mad , i gotta sneek ours out when she aint lookin.
  10. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

to much free time