keeping track of expenses who never used accouting software

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by shelbymustang616, Jul 25, 2010.

1. shelbymustang616

shelbymustang616 LawnSite Member

Hey, was wondering what is an efficient way of keeping track of your expenses and revenues etc. I have never used accounting software and wanting to start a business and keeping track of this information is getting me nervous. any help would be appreciated.

2. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you have a computer and if you do use a spread sheet. If not big chief tablet and a no 2 pencil.

3. MowHouston

MowHouston LawnSite Bronze Member

4. Louslawns

Louslawns LawnSite Member

I just posted a couple down from yours about Intuit. It's real easy, keeps track of all your expenses and free!

5. Jay Ray

Jay Ray LawnSite Fanatic

Learned on Lotus 123 in the 80's and you really can make a spreadsheet do just about anything.

6. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

Same here, I was in a network group for 16 years at the famous American Airlines, so we did everything on spread sheets. Still use them today and to make no bones about it, I know exactly what it cost me on every job, day, week, year, whatever.

7. shelbymustang616

shelbymustang616 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the replys guys. If anyone doesn't mind, Could someone show me like a layout of how you layout things? Please, you dont have to put in numbers, or fake numbers would work, not interested in that, but a thing i could go off could help me out, if anyone feels up to it.