Keeping track of lawns your serviced?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by youryardbarbourllc, Jul 30, 2009.

1. ECO Landscaping

ECO Landscaping LawnSite Member

BlackBerry, then down load to the computer once a week.

2. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Please elaborate. What app on the BB, and what software on the PC? Is the entry work automated through your procedure?

3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Piece of paper. I have all my customers, in order, for each day, that I print out on one page. It's tight, but it works slick. One page per week. I sipmly put a checkmark next to the ones that I do each day, and write in "skip" if I didn't mow their lawn b/c of dry weather. There's a bit of room to write in if I did extra stuff. I also put the helps in and out times next to each day. If I kept track of every time he made an excuse for being late, I'd have a novel in the center console.

4. grasshopperslawn

grasshopperslawn LawnSite Senior Member

I am switching also to groundskeeper pro. Why are you switching just curious.

5. Columbia Care

Columbia Care LawnSite Member

I use 2 excel Spread Sheets: 1 for scheduling and tracking service dates and 1 with my books which show service date, billing date, and payment date. This allows me to keep track of who has and whp has not paid for their services.

6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Open Office Spreadsheet.

That, too.

7. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i write everything down in a planner

8. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I keep an Excel spreadsheet in the truck with a print-out of the customer names down one column (organized by town or "route") then four columns next to it for the four weeks in a month. Just write the date of service and anything extra in that customer's row each week and then enter all the information into QuickBooks each weekend. Works great for me.

9. duranlandscaping

duranlandscaping LawnSite Member

What app on your blackberry? I have been trying to find an app for mine.

10. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

No main reason really. Just lots of little quirks in Gopher I dont care for.