Keeping track of mowing dates and monthly amount?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turf Technologies, Feb 18, 2004.

1. Turf Technologies

Turf Technologies LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Wondering what method you use to track mowing dates and there billing amount for the month?

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Quickbooks Pro 2002

3. Turf Technologies

from Florida

Thats your only way? You dont also keep a log on paper for backup?

4. turf9

turf9 LawnSite Member

clipboard preprinted client list on paper and a space beside each name
    set everyone up on the day of the week fit everyone one one in on one page
    by the end of the month you are ready to go through and invoice
    does that help?

5. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I have a weekly schedule I print out. As I mow the customers, I mark them off the schedule and write down their mowing date. Either weekly or monthly I transfer all that into QuickBooks, and a written log book.

:D

6. Turf Technologies

from Florida

I do both as well, but im just looking for a easier way and maybe some added ideas.

7. turf9

turf9 LawnSite Member

some guys are using those palms.

8. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

I don't trust computrs, since they crash all the time, I use the ever popular and exspensive "looseleaf binder". I have a weekly list made up of all my accounts, in lists by day. Next to each house, has a blank box, which I write the # cut it is for this week. I cross them off as I do them, and transfer all info at the end of the week into binder. All accounts with a "4" (4th is the final cut of bill) next to them get billed. What's good about this for me is i keep a payroll clock in/out at the bottom of this weekly printout. I then keep the paper in my looseleaf for reference if there is a question in my paperwork. I'll try to post a blank version of weekly route sheet, I'll type in a house or 2 so you get the idea....

9. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

Some times I get asked why the house are on dofferent cut #'s....... I start accounts as I get them and bill them after every 4th cut (I cut weekly). Good thing about this for me is, I get checks all the time during the month as opposed to a large sum at once. I can expect checks in the mail every time i pull up at the end of the day.:D

10. cklands

cklands LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

I use a program designed by another LCO. I print a list of all completed work at the end of the day