Keeping Track...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by POWER STROKE, Feb 8, 2011.

1. POWER STROKE

POWER STROKE LawnSite Senior Member

I was just wondering how do you guys keep track of your clients to see who has or hasn't paid their invoices mostly for the Solo guys and small company's.
    Do you use a word document or spreadsheet, Excel Etc...

Thanks for any help or input.

2. JayD

JayD LawnSite Silver Member

I use Quickbooks, it does it all for you. You just go in and record who got serviced that day and the amount charged. It keeps adding what they owe you and at the end of the month you just e-mail statements out. When the check comes in, you go in and log it as paid and your all done. Really easy.

Do you have quickbooks?

If not, and your just mailing out your statements, just make two file folders, one labeled accounts billed and one accounts paid. Send them one copy and you keep another and put it into the file folder labeled accounts billed, then when they send payment it, take it out of the billed folder, mark it paid w/check # and date then put it into folder labeled paid.

I hope this helps.

3. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Ok... which version of Quickbooks does this?

4. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

Quickbooks Pro. Worth the extra money. Used it since 2003!!

5. Alluring Lawns

Alluring Lawns LawnSite Member

I've used the Gopher software for 5 years, and it works really well, I would recommend it.

6. JayD

JayD LawnSite Silver Member

I'm pretty sure it is the pro, not to say that the one under the pro wont do it, its been so long, I don't remember. I would have to go look at their web site to be sure.

But yes, this is very worth the money IMO... No more stamps! Invoices gets there a lot faster then reg mail.

7. POWER STROKE

POWER STROKE LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks everyone for your help and input.

8. NEWGUYRI

NEWGUYRI LawnSite Senior Member

I use a program called Express Invoice. It was relatively cheap and works so well. I can do all my invoices for my clients within 20 minutes, and it tracks payments as well. There is a free demo for the program, at the Express Invoice Website(search: "ExpressInvoice" in Google).

9. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

I've used Quickbooks "Simple Start" for the last few years. Handles up to 200 customers, I believe. Not all the features of Pro, but will track money in, money out, invoices, etc., and quite inexpensive. Also, you can upgrade to the Pro at any time, and it will import all your information into the new program.