Keeping Truck Clean

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by BigLag, Sep 15, 2007.

1. BigLag

BigLag LawnSite Member

I know its a work truck...i know no matter what you do, it'll get dirty, but do you guys do a little preventive maintainence to keep inside of truck clean..i.e. seat covers or blow yourself off after each yard? Just dropped a ton of money on a new truck and i have got to keep it clean, but vacuuming it every day just ain't in the cards. Before this I never cared how dirty my old one was. What do you guys do, anything?

2. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I try to make sure I lay down towels to cover my seat bottom and seat back when I am sweating. I also try to make sure I cover my center console that is covered with fabric. As far as grass getting in the truck... I'm afraid it is a bit of a futile effort. I try to brush myself off as best I can after every lawn but I still get a bunch of grass in the truck. The bad part is that I have black carpeting in my truck so it all shows up. The truck stays pretty dusty too. I just try to make sure I clean it out once a week by dusting, getting as much grass as possible out and making it smell better. I detail it out once during the middle of summer and once when the season ends around Thanksgiving. There isn't much else I can think of to keep the grass and crap out. I would suggest seat and center console covers or at least lay down towels everywhere though.

3. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Im in the same boat. So far ive got good pant saver type mats, seat covers and huskey liners. http://www.huskyliners.com. They are pretty cool, mats are unneeded with them but I have them anyways. I also try and make sure garbage lands in a bag or on the huskey liner and its thrown out at the end of the day.

Cheers
    Jeff

4. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

I try and clean mine when I can, maybe not vaccuming it every day but about every month. I use for both work and personal and it always looks god to have a clean work truck.

5. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

I have SeatSaver covers in my truck, they're made by CoverCraft and cover the seats completely plus the middle bench seat and fold down console. They're very durable, breathable, machine washable and come in many color to match your interior. I also have Husky Liners on the floor which are really nice. I have a box of wipes that i wash my arms off with if i'm really dirty and covered in dust. Other than that i just clean it up on the weekends when i can. I try to wash the exterior once a week or at least every other week.

6. Rons Rightway Lawncare

Rons Rightway Lawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I blow myself off after each yard, and I keep my windows rolled up. The inside of my trucks never get dirty.... just the floormat which I take out and brush off when it gets dirty looking. Now the times I have someone helping me, they usually end up trashing the inside of the truck, but running solo, just blowing off and keeping the windows always rolled up seems to make a huge difference

7. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I take the back pack blower to the interior during the middle of the week and the truck goes to the car wash at the end of the week and they vacuum it out.;) I try to brush myself off after each stop but sometimes its futile.

8. SiteSolutions

SiteSolutions LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought some rubber floor mats. And I keep the windows rolled up.

9. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Forgot to add rubber floor mats like everyone else said they work great and keep it pretty clean.

10. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

i don't care anymore, if i want it to look good i'll green clean the carpet and armoral the interior. but for a true work truck a real good idea would be to line-x the enitre interior and cover up the electronic, so that you can pressure wash the inside.