keeping your feet dry

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AielLandscaping, Oct 2, 2002.

1. AielLandscaping

AielLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

every morning i have to walk across wet lawns, and every morning i get pissed because my my feet are soaking wet. what's the best way to keep your feet dry? i was thinking some irrigation boots would work, but they are incredibly uncomfortable. atleast the ones i've ever owned.

2. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

get some 100% waterproof leather hiking type boots. i bought a pair at target for $30 and they keep me dry in heavy dew or puddles.

3. HLC

HLC LawnSite Member

I just bought a pair of Redwing Muscle shoes. They're waterproof(I think have a goretex lining), steel toed, extremely comfortable, look good, oh and yes they are a little expensive.... but worth it to me.

4. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

I will second the Redwing. They make a great boot and the Gortex liner will keep your feet dry. I believe in steel toes to but that is just me. They cost quite a bit but they last for a long time...You get what you pay for!

Gravely_Man

5. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

My Georgia boots are water resistant but, after a while the wetness will seek through. Bought some rubber boots. Was real surprised how comfortable they are.

6. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

There are several steel toed waterproof hiking boots to choose from. Redwings are nice, but make yourself go try some different ones out. The gore-tex lining is important. Make sure they're comfortable. Once you find some you like, you'll wear them alot and any expense will be justified. Good luck.

7. kppurn

kppurn LawnSite Senior Member

I have a pair of Timberland Pro steel toe work boots. They do an excellent job of keeping my feet dry. I always where them when it's wet.
    During the summer when it's dry I sometimes wear tennis shoes as they are a tad bit more comfortable.

8. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

I had the Timberland Pros also....after a few weeks, water soaked through.(Even after siliconing them.) I have yet to find a good waterproof boot. Who carries the Redwings??

9. MOOSE

MOOSE LawnSite Senior Member

I just purchased waterproof socks. Cuz my boots were waterproof but not now. Found them at www.amleo.com
    They are Seal Skinz. Comfortable and they work.

10. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

In wet weather I wear a pair of 10" Bean Boots by LL Bean. I like the insulated ones, more comfortable. BUT, they are NOT safe around mowers. They don't come with steel toes.