Kees Ztr

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BerksLawn, May 5, 2001.

1. BerksLawn

BerksLawn LawnSite Member

Does anyone use the Kees ztr i have a 36" and 48" walkbehind of theirs and they are great. If we get alot of rain i may need one but as of now i dont no. So could anyone tell me if they are as good as the walks. Also most of u probably have never heard of them since there isnt much info on here they also make redmax i believe.

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

3. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Husqvarna now owns Kees. Good or bad? Who knows. I have a 61" ZTMax that is now two years old. I have no complaints, it cuts nice and is, well alot like an Exmark :) That being said, I would probably buy an Exmark. I bought the Kees for three reasons, 1) Warranty, 2)Price, 3) I didn't like the Exmarks dealers.

There is nothing werong with the mower, just make sure dealer support is there. This seems to come an go around here. There parts availability leaves something to be desired though. Good thing alot of parts are interchangable between it and Exmark.

4. BerksLawn

The dealer support here is good and the kees are cheap and are still good mowers. My main dealer also sells bobcat but there more pricy. There is an exmark and scag dealer. They are also alittle more but they always have parts. But the toro great dane and other kees dealer i dont like. For one he lied to us about not be able to get redamx trimmers he actually dropped the line. Also they are into mowing to. And the 48" walk was 2900 and its a belt drive and i paid 2400 at the other dealer. I hear great things about every mower but i guess it mainly dealer support and price. Also i dont feel like opening another thread so do u think that a 36" and a 48" will fit easily on a 6.5X10ft trailer.Could i maybe fit a ztr and the 48" with the 36" sideways? I would lke to go bigger but i dont have the room and the sides on the trailer are good for mulch.

5. Keith

No, I'm pretty sure a 48WB, 36WB, and ZTR rider will not fit on your tailer. The ZTR is easily 6-6 1/2 feet long, that would leave you with enough maybe for the 36".

6. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

yes i have a Kees ZTR 52. they are a great mower.there alot like the Exmark's

7. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

where in central fla are u

8. Keith

Just north of Orlando

9. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

BerksLawn wrote:

------------------
    Also i dont feel like opening another thread so do u think that a 36" and a 48" will fit easily on a 6.5X10ft trailer.Could i maybe fit a ztr and the 48" with the 36" sideways?
    ------------------

A 36 and a 48 will fit on a 6X10.

I have a 6X12 trailer and I can get a 36" mower, a 21 mower and my 60" ZTR on it with little room to spare.

10. BerksLawn

Richard is it getting dry down there i live in harford county and we need rain soon or i wont be getting a trailer or a ztr. It started out as a great season and had all that rain but i dont know now.