Kees

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CT18fireman, May 26, 2004.

1. CT18fireman

CT18fireman LawnSite Senior Member

Was this company bought out? Can't find much on the internet. Got a neighbor who moved from NJ to here and wants me to help him service mower. 6-7 year old 48" belt drive with a Kawi. Looks similiar to my scags, took the same blades but I am wondering about more specific parts. Anyone know where parts can be had?

2. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

Landscape Supply sells parts for kees

And check your area for Kees dealers. I dont think anyone bought them out But the Name for the company is Yazoo-Kees Inc.

3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

4. 2tall

2tall LawnSite Member

Yazoo-Kees was bought out by Husquavarna which in turn was just recenlty bought by Electrolux. Whats next, a 17hp vacuum with a Velke?

5. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

There is a dealer near me. But i would never deal with him again. I almost took him to court over a repair job.

6. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Close enough I guess. But actually Electrolux bought Husqvarna, who bought Y/K (to build their commercial stuff). Sounds sorta like a nursery ryme of old.

Best I understand all these purchases were an Electrolux 'power play' in the outdoor power equipment indusrtry. It's just a melting pot of buy ups which also includes AYP. All of these are in support of the Husqvarna brand name and they want to use these products plus the Husqvarna brand name recognition to take them to the top and create a one stop shop.

7. CT18fireman

CT18fireman LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the information. I will check out landscape supply. This is a very nice belt drive mower. I am impressed with the quality and ability of it. Of course being a homeowner unit he has not put that many hours on it.