1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Kelly Blue Book for Mowers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bakerboy, Feb 24, 2010.

1. bakerboy

bakerboy LawnSite Member

Just wondering if there is a website for mowers like a Kelly Blue Book. I did a search on this website for past related topics and nothing came up. Didn't know if one even exists.
    I was at my local dealer yesterday and they had an actual book, but didnt know if there is a website.

2. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Not that I know of. Just go on equipment trader or ebay and see what similar machines are going for. Thats what I do all the time.

3. RonAyersMotorsports

RonAyersMotorsports LawnSite Senior Member

Generally a mower loses $1,200-1,500 worth of value off retail prices each year it gets older. Then you have to consider hours and abuse if any.

4. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

It's tough to come up with standard prices on power equipment. It's so dependent on how it was treated and what options it has. Pretty hard to sell a an underpowered mower. Funny but a 48 inch hydro walk behind is often worth more than a 48 inch zero turn rider even though the initial cost of the rider is more.

5. bakerboy

bakerboy LawnSite Member

I cannot remember the name of the book my dealer was looking at.....maybe it was made by Walker.

The mower that I am curious about is a 1995 Walker MC 36" with the 16hp Kohler engine. It has 570 hours. Needs a couple things fixed on it, but is in pretty good overall condition.

The book said it was 500-700 tradin value and the MSRP was at the highest $1600. So that made me think the private party value would be around $1000.

6. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

7. greenred

greenred LawnSite Senior Member
    from IL