"Kenbota" Grader takes shape

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by CCWKen, Apr 7, 2005.

1. CCWKen

CCWKen LawnSite Member

Just got this running a few weeks ago. The engine, front axle and portions of the sheet metal are from a Kubota G3200. I needed something to tend to the driveway until a good-sized tractor comes along. After trying it out, I'm not sure I'll use a tractor for the task. It works great!

It will eventually have a FEL. I've built most of the parts for the loader except the blade and mounting hydraulics. It's not quite finished yet but I built a tiller attachment that runs off a front pto.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Smalltimer1

Smalltimer1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Got any more pics? Looks like a very well built machine.

3. CCWKen

CCWKen LawnSite Member

Lots of pics here: http://photobucket.com/albums/0903/CCWKen/Projects/Grader/

I didn't start taking pictures until I had most of the frame built up but the near complete frame pics are at the bottom of page 1. It was "fit & fab" on the frame then disassembled for painting. The frame build would have been boring photos.

4. Smalltimer1

Smalltimer1 LawnSite Bronze Member

2 cylinder Kubota diesel I believe, right?

5. CCWKen

CCWKen LawnSite Member

Yep. Z400, 10hp. But it doesn't have to spin a grass cutting blade (except the tiller). All the engine has to do is drive the transmission pump and the alternator. In low range, the thing will climb a tree. :)