1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

kenda tires

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by richard1103, Mar 17, 2008.

1. richard1103

richard1103 LawnSite Member

more china junk ! ordered new tires for front of exmark tt 52 and 60 correct size is 11 4.00 5 kenda tires said 11 4.00 5 but size was 11 3.25 5.25 there is no way these tires will hold air . what does qc mean in china it sure does not mean quality control tires also said qc 02 did they sell seconds
    or was it inspector #2
  2. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

LOL, i have kendas on my Ferris 1000z 61", theyve been good, all the others have some type of Carlisle tire, i think theyre better too. Everywhere you turn, tires are imported now too. My frekin Bridgestones on my Grand Prix were $230 a tire a couple years ago, MADE IN JAPAN, common $1k in tires for a car and you cant make them in country?
  3. richard1103

richard1103 LawnSite Member

these tires will not hold air on a exmark wheel . size not what is stamped on tire
  4. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

I found out a long time ago. Replace your small equipment tires with the same brand it was supplied with. I had same trouble as you on my Hustler WB. Tires too narrow and shorter. Carlisle and Cheng Chin dont interchange.
  5. GravelyNut

GravelyNut LawnSite Bronze Member

If you've been around mowers long enough you would find that Carlisle, Cheng Shin, Armstrong, Goodyear, Firestone and all other makes don't match each other. And then when you change type of tire within the same maker, they don't match either. You have to look at the demensions on each and every one. A Kenda 23X10.50-12 2-ply tire will go on a 7"X12" rim without any problems. But don't try that with a Carlisle Super Lug. 23X10.50-12 4-ply. 8"X12" rim for them to fit right. :usflag: