1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Kennedy Landscaping

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Kennedy Landscaping, Apr 4, 2011.

1. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

It would be neat to set up a 3/4 ton truck with a utility bed for all your irrigation parts. Or a small enclosed trailer. Or a large enclosed trailer, depending on how much irrigation work you do lol.

2. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Agreed, I would be ok with a utility bed truck if I had the work load, and I would be ok with an enclosed too, that way I have all my parts and use the trailer for installs to haul the plow and stuff. But I'd just need to weigh out all my options and such, I'll probably end up with a side box or something on the truck for now, just to keep the basics on board with me.

3. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Yea, side boxes are good too. Or set up an open trailer with side boxes on the front and both sides, then have the center for your pipe puller, trencher, and pipe. I've seen all of the above setups used effectively around here lol.

4. Kennedy Landscaping

I probably won't have too big of an irrigation setup this season, just due to the fact I'm not certain what my work load will look like. I want to see what I need before I go jumping the gun on something like that.

5. DLONGLANDSCAPING

DLONGLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

I just dont wan to hope that i make enough, i want to make enough undoubtably so i can have nice things. I dont want to have to budget to by personal items. I work hard and pay myself good(separate from company profits) With my personal money i buy things that i love to do, boat, jet skis, vacations. With the company money i rarely buy things and when i do, i fix them up right when i get them, my f450 project last spring) and i forget about them. I am always fixing them, maintaining them, and preventing break downs, but im not investing money mods.

Since i fixed up my dump truck. Made it look like new again. I havent spent a dime on trucks(9 months total since i spend anything on my trucks). Since then, my bank account hasnt been withdrawled from except for needs. I am all for living once and making your trucks look sick. but do it all at once and leave it!

I guess, what you do with your own time is none of my business, but it seems stupid even if you are doing all the work yourself to keep tearing things apart mid week/weekend and working on them while you need the truck tobe working. Id much prefer to buy a truck, do all the mods on it i want righ t away and then put it to work so i dont have down time with my trucks.

Im just blabbing now, im just trying to help. Not trying to be a dick by any ways. I just used to live like you, constantly modding lights, exhuast, and sheeet like that. Now i dont touch any mods in my trucks. I get them washed prob 3 times a week and keep them detailed and clean and professional.

6. Kennedy Landscaping

Been getting some work done....a few pics of a system I started this morning. I put the system in last fall, also maintain the lawn....please parden my ugly lines. I need to do some adjusting on my hydros...
    March12-01.jpg

March12-02.jpg

March12-03.jpg

March12-04.jpg

March12-05.jpg

March12-01.jpg

March12-02.jpg

March12-03.jpg

March12-04.jpg

March12-05.jpg

7. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

Your lines don't look bad, are you dumping your walker right on the trailer or do you have a tarp down on the trailer floor?

8. Kennedy Landscaping

I just dump right on the trailer and use the pitch fork and the end of the day to throw it all, off.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

I thought that's probably what you did but figured I'd ask.

10. Kennedy Landscaping

Yep, I've dumped it straight in the truck before, and on a tarp in the truck. And on the trailer, and on a tarp on the trailer. And I always got irritated with the tarp blowing around and such. I really actually enjoy the workout from unloading all the grass lol :hammerhead: