1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Kennedy Landscaping

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Kennedy Landscaping, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I believe so but don't hold me to it, I think I'll be putting a vibrator on it even with only running bagged material.

2. stroker51

stroker51 LawnSite Senior Member

Spreader looks good, will beat the hell out of walking every parking lot. Ever thought about getting a set of pro wings for that straight blade? I can't remember how much time they tell you they will cut off, but I'd say 30-40% time savings easy. Well worth the money.

3. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

Why do you have 16,000# for the GVWR of that F250??

4. stroker51

stroker51 LawnSite Senior Member

Door marking is supposed to match whatever you are running for a tag weight. Guessing Austin is running a 16k tag.

5. Kennedy Landscaping

Ive thought about the wings and will probably get some down the road for it. As for the truck. Im running a 16mtruck tag
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Kennedy Landscaping

Just waiting on my controller to get here now!
    Resampled_2013-01-17_10-03-55_967.jpg

Resampled_2013-01-17_11-44-17_988.jpg

Resampled_2013-01-17_10-03-55_967.jpg

Resampled_2013-01-17_11-44-17_988.jpg

7. DLONGLANDSCAPING

DLONGLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

ive never really looked at the hitchs the salters mount too. That looks like a pretty beefy hitch install for the spreader. I have seen the ugly ones that attach to the top rails of the bed, but that looks much better than anything else ive seen.

Nice grab! I was going to buy a new one any they wanted like 1400 dollars for it. I DONT MIND WALKING FOR 1400 dollars! haha

8. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Mr Kennedy, I'm thinking about throwing some ribs on the smoker for tomorrow evening, you and the MRS have plans? I might could throw an extra rack on...

9. Kennedy Landscaping

Yep I was fine walking for what they wanted on a new one. And all the used ones I looked at, I didn't feel like they were nice enough to represent my company. But this one came across, and I couldn't pass it up. I stole this thing.
    I think we're gonna try to make it over to my parents place tonight, but we definetly do need to get together again sometime soon!

10. Kennedy Landscaping

Done a little work today, homeowner threaded the blowout plug in too far and broke the PVC elbow. Due to the way the setup was built, I had to cut the entire thing off and rebuild it. No big deal, gave me a chance to fix the other things that needed addressed as well. Set the PVB parallel with the house, installed an iron elbow for the blowout plug. Threaded on both sides, incase it ever needs replaced it can be unscrewed and replaced easily without disturbing the rest of the assembly. Finally, painted her up to make it look nice and protect it a little better from the sun.

Also on this same hacked up system, I will be redoing an entire median of spray heads. Probably 18 sprays, all fed from one end of the median. Great pressure at the start. And at the end they barely pop up. We're going to pull in new lines, staggering the heads and splitting them into two zones to fix the pressure. Currently they are all along the sidewalk, so it should be a real nice improvement for the customer.

They were VERY pleased with the rebuild of the backflow assembly.
    Old Backflow.jpg

New Backflow Built.jpg

Old Backflow.jpg

New Backflow Built.jpg