Kerosine as a grass killer

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by scagboy227, May 20, 2006.

1. scagboy227

scagboy227 LawnSite Member

i have a 10 gallon thing of kerosine sitting around that i never will use. could i use it to kill the grass spots in the driveway and places

2. phototropic1

phototropic1 LawnSite Member
    from MS

I think the quote that you use on your posts might be the clue to your answer.

3. Fvstringpicker

Fvstringpicker LawnSite Fanatic

Do you realize how much damage you can do and how many laws you're potentially breaking?

4. scagboy227

scagboy227 LawnSite Member

im just going to put it in the driveway

5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Do yourself a favor and use round-up, something about the right tool for the job kinda thing.

6. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

I cringe whenever a see a post like this!!!
    Sure, go ahead and apply a Federally Licensed product in the manner is was never intended nor labeled for use.
    Go ahead and apply a petroleum based product with an incredible half-life and leaching potential to an impermeable surface like a driveway.
    What do you care about the environment, licensing or professional conduct?
    Ahh, piss on it - you aren't worth the thought!

7. Kate Butler

Kate Butler LawnSite Senior Member

Let's see - environmentally indefensible, legally indefensible, cognitively (thinking things through) indefensible - you have won the trifecta.

In other words NO YOU MANY NOT USE KEROSENE FOR THIS PURPOSE!!!!! As a matter of fact, if you can't spell it, you shouldn't use it at all.

8. Ax Man

Ax Man LawnSite Senior Member

Well said Kate!

9. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

KID your entire 14 years of life are showing though in your question and your foul mouthed other responses!!

10. Green Grass and More

Green Grass and More LawnSite Member

I can't believe you had to ask this question. Whoever would use this as a grass killer is an idiot.

Josh