key buy for the week

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by kountryscape, Apr 3, 2001.

1. kountryscape

kountryscape LawnSite Member
    from iowa

I just bought the best landscape truck i have ever seen.
    It's a 1981 1 ton cube van with shelving all over. It has skylights ,interior night lights,electrical outlets,exterior lights, and is in mint condition. It was a fire rescue van. It has a true to life 10,800 miles on it. I was the first to see and drive this thing and in the day after when i pick it up the guy said the truck could of been sold over and over and over. the total price of this truck was $3750.00 can you believe it i finally got one of those deals you always hear of someone getting. It has a 351 auto with a aluminum box.

hey just wanted to write to you guys , im way to excited to replace that s-10 truck now where is that sign shop talk about a moving billboard.

thanks for reading my post
    j. morgan

2. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

Congratulations! Hope that truck works out really well for you.

3. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

Kinda feels good to "snag one" like that once in a while, doesn't it ????

Go get 'em !!

4. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Im glad that you jumped on the deal that you did. I had the opportunity to place a bid last fall on some old town pick-up trucks with utility boxes.

They were structurally sound but had some pretty serious mechanical defects. I stopped by yesterday to dump some debris off, and the head mechanic said that my jokeing bid of $200 each would have taken them both home.

They sold an 89 Ford F-350 V8 for $50 and an 88 Dodge 1 ton V8 for $150. Both had the reading style utility boxes.

CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS on your finding, and happy Landscaping!

Kris

5. FIREMAN

FIREMAN LawnSite Senior Member
    from n.j.

There are many municipal auctions locally, I have never been to one and have been considering it for a long time. My town will be selling 2 mid eigthies f-700 dumps, they are diesels with 9.5 plows and hydraulic hook-ups for road salters. If anyone is interested in the one I'm not bidding on let me know and I'll e-mail you specifics.

6. skyphoto

skyphoto LawnSite Member

Congrats! Deals like that dont ever come my way! I get those deals that start like a diamond and end up being just an old chunk of coal!!!!!!
    Peace!

7. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like a good deal, hope it works out well

hey Fireman- what town are you in?

8. FIREMAN

FIREMAN LawnSite Senior Member
    from n.j.

I'm in North Caldwell, near the Willowbrook Mall in Wayne if that helps any...where are you???

9. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

I'm in Bernardsville, about 5 min from Morristown,

10. EarthTech Landscapes

EarthTech Landscapes LawnSite Member

Sounds like you got a good buy. it sounds like a real clean truck. I usually don't buy equipment for the company unless it is a good deal. the reason that i can do this is because i have duplicates of pretty much everything. Congrats on the new ride.