Key-start Weed Trimmer

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by daylilylaura, May 24, 2008.

1. daylilylaura

daylilylaura LawnSite Member

Please don't laugh. I'm not a wimp, but I have a terrible time with pull cords to start garden equipment. Is there such a thing as a key-start weed eater? I'm willing to pay more for the convenience. Thanks for any help you can give.

2. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

no! you would need a battery and a starter motor and fab it up yourself if it is even possible. How do you have a hard time it takes 2 pulls?

3. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

lol.............:dizzy:

4. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

Best idea is to sell your stuff and hire one of the many LCOs on Lawnsite that are in Atlanta.

If you put a battery and a starter on your trimmer you may as well just go buy one of those huge walk-behind line trimmers.

5. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

you can take the pull cord off and start it with a high speed drill machine. I had 2 do it till my pull cord came in

6. greenscapestx

greenscapestx LawnSite Member

7. F3Nelson

F3Nelson LawnSite Member

Lets give our man some props for not saying my "weed wacker" bbwwwhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Someone used to have an electric start trimmer years ago...I think it may have been Husqvarna. This was like 20 years ago. It wasn't key start, it was just a push button. You may want to check and see if Stihl makes a trimmer with their new "easy start" feature or whatever it is called - like on their select chain saws. I guess with this thing, it just pulls with little resistance and builds up pressure, then starts. No jerking or erratic resistance from compression.

9. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

yes stihl has a few models with the ez2start feature. I got my father a ez chainsaw and he has no problem starting it. I may be wrong but I think tanaka had the electric start 20 years ago.

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

That might have been (probably was) it (Tanaka),...because the dealer that I saw this at sold Tanaka, as well.