Key to a Toro Custom Command Box

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Snyder's Lawn Inc, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

I have a problem.
    I pick up a New account and I set the controller and next day. Some how the program changed.
    Start time 5am 9 zones at 15min is what I had it set at.
    Next day at noon was still running. I check box it was moved to B from A.
    On B it was set 3 hrs per zone.
    So I thought maybe I bump it to B.
    So I set it back on A and check each zone on the controller and lock the box.

This has done this 3 different times. Manager and I have a key , he said has not touch it.

Is the Controller bad ?

Will any Toro key work on any Toro box?

Im thinking someone getting in there. Trying make my service look bad.

This is on a Box Store Lawn account. I'm thinking a higher bidder is a sore looser.

The box sits out in the lawn. I thought about mounting my trail cam to see who getting in there.

2. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

More then likely User error. You are aware if there is programming in a, b,c,d implented in, as long as it's in the run position it will all run .

For example
    Program A Every other day @15 Min each zone @ 9am
    Program B Every other day @ 3 hours each zone @ 9am

The controller will stack this programming- once it's done with PGM A it will go to B.

-Create a dummy run time with 1 program only to ensure it comes on for you.
    - Erase all programming and start fresh.

Verify and Confirm- That's the best thing for you to do. Once you have done both- you will know what to do. If you can't figure this out, please get someone in who knows what they are doing. I highly doubt 15 min each zone is the proper programming anyways.

3. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

Not every Toro key- However there is a Keymaster @ like $50 of like 25 keys for all major brand irrigation controllers..

4. jbell36

jbell36 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from KANSAS

i can almost guarantee that it's user error and the programs are stacked...concentrate on program A ONLY...delete ALL other programs...also, double your station run times and you will be more in the ballpark...have you checked what zones are what (sprays/rotors)?

5. DPlumber

DPlumber LawnSite Member

I've had that problem with RB ESP-M. Set an unused program run time to zero and it swithches to the next position after I set it, 6 hours. Customer was perplexed when his sprinklers ran for 6 hours when I turned it on a few months ago. Then it happend again yesterday with another customer, happily I caught it as I was rechecking the run times before leaving.

6. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

Custom command will run multiple programs at once.

7. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

First time I thought it was my error.
    Well I deleted all other programs I have deleted each time it mess up B C D programs was and is shut off, But 3 times. Some how they program there self

First time it was like set for noon 2nd time it was set for 3pm and this last time was set a 5am for each zone at 3hrs.

I put a secure tape on there. To find out if box gets open. Tape broken next time I'll put my trail cam up.

8. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

shut the days off on the programs you don't want. Easiest way to keep em from running.

9. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

You know, from a locksmith standpoint, it's pretty damn easy to replace a controller lock with something keyed differently.

10. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

In spite of Toro getting their grubby hands on it, the clock was a good one, basically a Hardie/Irritrol "Total Control" on steroids. It takes a standard key, I believe it has a password feature that can be entered. :waving: