1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Keystone Country Manor

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by kootoomootoo, Sep 9, 2007.

1. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

Ok you guys who use it I have read a few posts where guys have said there is deviation in thickness of the block and had to use 4 pallets to do a 2 pallet job etc. Is this still going on .....have a new dealer here and tempted to try it on a big job but dont want to get burnt. Obviously production screw ups can be regional.

Also I guess you can use the blocks in a closed pattern or an open pattern?
    ie solid both sides or tapered one side.. tapered = cheaper ...curious what u guys do.
  2. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

i personally do not like the country manor wall.
    I don't like the "pillow top" look of the rounded faces...

that is a personal thing i guess... We use a lot of celtic wall and i like the look of it much beter...

The CM has large gaps between pieces, and i don't like the rendomly angled lines between the top caps..also some of the top cams have 3 textured sides and one smooth. this makes some of the top cap joints tight, and some are vert loose ( when two textured butt)
  3. Henry

Henry LawnSite Senior Member

That sounds like one of my jobs from a few years back. We've used it once since then and didn't have any problem. However, we just finished a job with Keystone century wall and the cup grinder was used quite a bit.
  4. JRSlawn

JRSlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I used some country manor latley and didn't have a problem and I am in your area. They make it right down the road here at Akron Brick and Block