Keystone County manor

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by neversatisfiedj, Feb 26, 2007.

1. neversatisfiedj

neversatisfiedj LawnSite Bronze Member

I am going t obuild a freetstanding seating wall around a patio next month out of country manor block. I'm not sure what the radius will be until I lay it out. Will I have to make cuts on the block to make it fit flush on both inside and outside of the block. THX.

2. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

umm.......its hard to say!

maybe!

maybe not!

3. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

I don't know. We had one Country Manor job to do last year. The local manufacturer of this block is so sh!tty, we rejected 8 pallets and built it with Techo Calistro instead.

Good luck.

4. neversatisfiedj

My question is just the best way to achieve a convex curve.

5. DVS Hardscaper

All I can say is: whenever we do any jobs with curves, I always factor in time for cutting the blocks and caps.

6. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

Country Manor is crap! Not that it helps you!;)

Chris

7. DVS Hardscaper

If we have a client that wants a simple, small patio, with seatwall - I use Country Manor, just to keep the cost down.

As long as the client is happy - I'm happy.

8. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

Country Manor, along with some of the quality issues, is just plain ugly. And for the cost, there are a couple better alternatives at a similar pricepoint.

Chris

9. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

yeah, that was why we speced it for a job. The quality was so poor, I refused to put it up, and rejected the product.

IMO, especially if it's small, the cost difference is so minimal, you might as well get something decent.

10. neversatisfiedj

DVS - I am not talking about time for cuts ? I was asking opinions on how to cut for a convex curve. Saw cut ? Split ? For a freestanding wall finished on both sides.

Mark - I totally agree country manor is crap but thats what they want. I used it last year and smack it with a dead blow to level and snap !! Very brittle. And I agree - it is ugly. I just wanted advise on the freestanding wall. I have never built one. Thanks all

Josh