1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Keystone Wall Pics

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by JohnsonLawn, Aug 7, 2007.

1. JohnsonLawn

JohnsonLawn LawnSite Senior Member

A couple of pics of a Keystone Wall and planting ring I just finished. Let me know what you think.

Franks Wall and Patriots Practice 001.jpg

Franks Wall and Patriots Practice 008.jpg

Franks Wall and Patriots Practice 004.jpg
  2. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

I personally think the block is too large for the application, but thats just my taste. Also looks like there is a sag in the second pic of the driveway, might just be the camera. Not too crazy about the caps in the driveway pic either. Again, JMO.
  3. JohnsonLawn

JohnsonLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I thought so to, but the block was as they requested. There is no sag, the slope of the driveway make it look that way in all of the pics I took, but we you stand in front of it you can see it is perfect. I have only built about 3 of these things so I am pretty happy with it and the client was extremely satisfied.
  4. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

Looks great and level.....and the most important thing is that the Home Owner is happy.....and that you learn as you go...
  5. cedarcroft

cedarcroft LawnSite Senior Member

i think it looks terrible. not your work, but the wall itself. those planters are ridiculous and even though your work is fine, they look like homewoner specials. I hate that block, to me it looks cheap and cr@ppy. Again, I am not busting on your craftsmanship, just the choice of materials.
  6. senatorcongressman

senatorcongressman LawnSite Member
    from WDC

I'll never understand it, but alot of people LOVE that look. Nice work though.
  7. ChampionLS

ChampionLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Gotta watch the stones in the winter time. A snow blower will hurl those stones and break windows. I'd never put loose stones anywhere out in the open like that.
  8. instyle

instyle LawnSite Senior Member
    from Canada

the customer only like is because they don't see anything else...at holme depot. it is up to the landscaper to up sell the customer from home depot to something better.